This mind map aims to describe, at a general level, what the most typical aspects found in the manifestation of the UFO/UAP phenomenology are, such as:
- the periods in which the phenomenon was/is observed,
- the types of sightings and (for close observation, or CE3) their effects on the environment,
- the main observable characteristics of the phenomenon,
- the appearance of the phenomenon,
- the environments in which the phenomenon is observed,
- the main hypotheses that have been developed to explain the UFO/UAP phenomenon.
The value of this map lies in its ability to provide at a glance an effective overview of the UFO/UAP phenomenon, allowing to understand its complexity and extent in a simple and very intuitive way.
Specific aspects of UFO/UAP phenomonology are described in more detail in the other maps.
The category "Sightings types and (and CE3 effects)" faithfully reflects Prof. Hynek's classification scheme of sightings/encounters with UFO/UAPs.
The category "Main Observable Characteristics" faithfully reflects the cataloguing of observable UFO/UAP characteristics as defined by Louis Elizondo,